Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Musings

Here I am, blogging my brains out...
    I am not gonna be sleeping today. No one has been handed a laptop, net connection and DC++ on the same day. Its too much power. I want to spend myself this weekend so that I can concentrate on studies the rest of the sem. And the file which had the honor of being the first to be downloaded was 'Sheila ki Jawani'... Haha..
     I am also slightly happier than usual, today because of a totally dumbass reason. The girl I liked in 11th and 12th grade had her 18th birthday today and she is in Chennai and she replied back to my 'Happy B'day' message! I mean, she usually does reply and conversations are quite formal and friendly. But us despos celebrate at the drop of a hat and I had everyone guessing what I was so cheery about. I should try convincing pappuji to change one of his shakes' names to ''The Kesh Shake"... Pretty cool, huh?
    Anyway, I haven't taken a bath for the past five days. Uh, the horror! I used to be a daily bather when the weather was ok. All I can console myself with is that the temperature has been touching 1-2 degrees every bloody night since new year and the sun peeps out of the clouds once a day. All birthday celebrations are rescheduled to 10:00 pm the previous day as its simply too cold at twelve. I guess every BITSian cries at least 5 times a day why GD Birla, god bless him, had to be born here. I mean, come on, this village has its advantages, but still I would put the high incidences of smoking and drinking among students here to the extreme climate and the lack of well, anything outside campus.
   The coriander and onion pastes which mom got me to mix with rice and eat are working out quite well, thank you mom. These and the absence of an ID card have ensured a near zero anc bill till now. I did promise myself(maybe in vain, as seniors tell me) that I would be damn stingy this sem 'cos the mess extras in the previous one simply went through the roof.
   I have just downloaded the entire collection of lecture slides of all the courses, prepared by all the profs for the entire second sem.This lovable wonder, this incredible software, this god given blessing called DC++ also turns out to be a veritable monstrosity. I also have downloaded a few discographies and movies. Till now, the 'distractions' have been  kept at bay...

No comments:

Post a Comment