Friday, January 7, 2011

Back in Pilani

      Yep, I am blogging from my dear college again, but this time from my own net book with frosted, multicolored and numb fingers; the temperature must have hit 4 degrees out there. The whole campus is empty except for a few early birds like me and friends, and it looks BEAUTIFUL… Will probably hate myself for saying so later as registration and time table making will begin day after tomorrow. Meanwhile, I got more pressing things at hand which will help me weather the weather extremum. Having been told enough by Preethi (Raagan) to get a quilt and to quit being this lazy, tomorrow is the day for buying that and other essential commodities like soap, shaving blades and cream and a LAN cord. Now, let me bother the kind reader about my new lappy.
     It’s a HP mini whatever model with an atom processor. It looks great, is compact and can be carried around in a ‘sleeve’ and is very portable. It’s a net book and supposedly can’t play games. Not that I’m gonna try and install any. Mom and dad have placed so much trust on me even though I had screwed up my first semester big time and I will use it only for lecture slides and other stuff.  Of course, blogging isn’t a big distraction! It’s only for biggies like Sidin Vadukut who make it, well, big in the blogosphere and have a reputation to keep up. I am also excited ‘cos it looks kinda like the one Zuckerberg uses while inventing FaceSmash in The Social Network. Yep, I almost feel a billion dollars coming my way, thank you…
    I enjoyed the train journey from Chennai to Delhi by the recently introduced Duronto trains. The discomfort due to the disgusting CD flush system notwithstanding, it’s very encouraging to see the Indian Railways take some good steps to reduce the load on the world’s largest toilet. For those who didn’t understand, the new drains in some of these new trains do not lead to the tracks… Collects the shit instead. The food served was pathetic as usual, with the guy having the balls to collect tips. There was a water shortage problem too, going down into the complaint register from a very irritable (and slightly smelly) lady. Well, I beat the crowd before the panic rush started.  The air conditioning kept us well insulated from the freezing cold but the intense fog prevented the poor driver from arriving on time by more than five hours… Sad.
     The Chennai Thyagaraja Aradhna Programme conducted by students of BITS-Pilani turned out well, with a small help from my enthusiastic parents’. There was an explosion of talent as classes right from 1988(like the guy who started it) to 2010(like me) participated… I played the ghatam, which also was a HUGE learning experience for me… Remember the super perspective vortex which Beeblebrox was put through? There was this 1992 pass-out who played the mridangam. Holy crap, he was an expert and I didn’t know shit! I could have tried dancing instead…
PS: I also found my cycle back! It was in the abandoned cycles dump near the insti… Could be a sign of good things to come, very soon… 

No comments:

Post a Comment