Monday, January 17, 2011

7 Ganton Maaf

    Am blogging, completely spent of all energy to do anything else, of the will to do anything to do with acads and of the compulsion to go to anc to munch something. Two important developments... One, I attended all SEVEN hours of class, including every foul lecture and draconian tut. That's saying something, 'cos I never had a 7 hour day in my previous sem and even then, I had not attended all classes of any day. Who ever said the path to renaissance, order and decorum from chaos and laziness starts with baby steps? I would like to see the reader attend a seven hour day...
   Maybe I went overboard with my use of (googled) words. Well, the second piece of trivia about yours truly is that I am going to be dancing for the Pilani Tamil Mandram to a peppy number on The Founder's Day celebrations in the auditorium in front of all the students. Holy crap, that's embarrassment! I hark back to the days of old when I came up with amazing excuses to skip the kiddish Sports Day dance at school. Revenge, huh?
   Meanwhile, the institute, in keeping with its ambitions and dreams of Vision 2020, is finally thinking ahead and has installed these small, cute(?) and irritating speed breakers at every turn of the campus. Well, I guess students in super bikes by 2020 wouldn't be so off the mark, would you say? On a serious note, I seriously appreciate the insti's effort. They could try and increase the number of dustbins too... I love my college, man. I want it to give some serious competition to the IITs...
   My mom can sleep peacefully at home knowing that I simply cannot game on my netbook. Why? I tried to install Counter strike 1.6 on my comp and et voila! It was slower than my '98 comp when I tried to play Liberty City on it... Poor devil, It put up such a brave fight! Anyway, I didn't want to see it suffer anymore and uninstalled it... I'm using it for lec slides and blogging only now...
   I'm putting the cycle(Baby, I call it) to full and awesome use these days. I am so happy. It eliminates all these lousy 'transition' time intervals which were such a big waste... Give you an example... If the time is 11:00 AM and I got a class at 12 and I had to buy stuff at C'not, without a cycle I won't go 'cos the job might take me more than an hour. Well, with a cycle, thinking about travel time intervals is simplified and can be neglected, if you get what I mean...
   Meanwhile, our bhawan also acquired the much coveted "Visited by the Chief Warden" status symbol. No idea what we did, though. We did have a few birthday 'celebrations' in the first few days. Guess they were loud enough.
   On the subject of metal, I think only folk metal is worth listening to these days. They are mostly clean, they quench that li'l classical thirst inside me and most importantly, the music is damn good. Special reference to Inis Mona by Eluveitie and Windrider by Ensiferum.

   Stop pulling at your hair, my blog ain't that bad...
PS:  Did I tell you that the trailer of 7 Khoon Maaf looks kickass? Looks like Priyanka Chopra and Vishal Bharadwaj are cooking up a real kicker this time. Wishing Akshay kumar more luck this year...
    

No comments:

Post a Comment