Friday, October 7, 2011

Hiatus

   As you can see, there are better excuses to give for seeing a deadline whoosh by than the ones that involve general laziness, pseudo-nerding and thinking profound thoughts in the comfort of my wafer-thin bed. I shall also say that I'm sorry for being such an ass and shall post more frequently in the future. I'm after all better than all my dear friends who started a blog (with colorful gay backgrounds and alternating small and capital letter titles like "mY tHoUgHTs!!") and later conveniently met with a "writer's block" (as Suyash puts it) after the first post itself.
And so here I am. Lets quench your thirst.
   The last few days have been quite brilliant. Went for a trip to Mussorie and places around it and had awesome fun. The 16 hour long bus journey notwithstanding, it's quite an experience to watch the landscape shift right in front of your eyes as the miles pass by. For example, the journey from the Pilani in Rajasthan to the Haryana border is as my dad says, "kilometers and kilometers of nothingness". The journey through the heart, fields and highways of Haryana gives you the expression that women are extinct and Haryanvis do nothing but booze at the local tekha and chill near the roads. And Mussorie is a catalog of history frozen in time, replete with British manors and hilly roads greenery spewed all over the place. Excellent Momos too. I shall write about that later.
   Pilani is going through tough times now, what with lightning storms marking the start of the sem, ravaging through the sports fest. Now we have extreme 4-5 hour long power cuts frustrating things up, day and night. I'm thanking my stars for getting that emergency fan-cum-light at the beginning itself. This tech wonder which was gifted by my parents to help me study during blackouts is now being put to much better use- sleep, ensuring peace of mind and a nice ponch. As they say, we have survived for 60 odd years and shall keep weathering the storm as long as the water table in this desert doesn't run out and the roof doesn't give in.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I've got to agree with "Apoorv Upreti", it isn't quite correct usage.

    HOWEVER, I'm not here looking to alienate you. I'm Anirudh Krishnan. You may not know who I am, but I studied in SBOA as well, and I'm a friend of Gautham's, who I gather is a follower of your page. Anyway, I was wondering, how on earth did you add that facebook "like" button at the end of your posts?

    Thanks!
    -Anirudh
    (http://anirudhsmusings.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from standing by my (rather rare) usage of "frustrate", just google it or try allblogtools.com...

    Best of luck, fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete